Wednesday, March 6, 2019

PRIDE IN NEWPORT


I’m Jonathan Clark and I am standing for Plaid Cymru in the forthcoming by-election. I am from Newport, my family is from Newport and I have had enough of seeing our city declining every year. More shops shut, more homelessness, more problems with traffic, more anti social behaviour.

On the stump - neither rain, nor hail, nor sleet...
I’m proud of my home town - our Newport - and I want see it back on its feet. I want to see more investment in job creation, a coherent and integrated public transport system to improve access to and around out city, and a better business rate relief scheme to help grow our small businesses. 

The Labour Party has run Newport for decades and by any reckoning have failed. The Tories have taken incompetence to a new level with their infighting over Brexit. 

So, if you want to fix Newport then join our campaign. We need a real opposition in our city. Plaid Cymru, and together we can be that opposition. But we can only do it if we do it together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment